Sunday, April 2, 2006

Casi Maria.

This is my sketch left untitled. See the sketch on the middle-right, where it looks as if I had little rays of light coming from my hair? Well, due to that one sketch, I was going to due a piece making myself look like the virgin Mary. However, I was in no place to stir up controversy for myself. I had way too much drama from other places.
If I had continued to keep working on the religious piece, I would've made some funky title like "Casi Maria" [almost Mary].
Imagine the drama?
Hm...Well, it just didn't happen. At the same time, my illustration teacher assigned a self-portrait type of work.
Thank goodness I had the sketches above, for I had something to start on: my final piece can be seen here.
Until then, The Gomez is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment