Sunday, February 15, 2009

Anti-Cupid's Day Card

As we all know, Valentine's Day is one of America's great scams to buy senseless candy [but I suppose our ecnomy needs it..]

Anywho, as a token of my unyielding appreciation to my best friend Bobby, I decided to make him a card to commemorate our friendship. Now, why an Anti-Valentine's card?


1. We both -highly- dislike this "holiday"

2. I like the Spanish term for Valentine's Day:
Dia del Amor y La Amistad
"Love and Friendship Day"


and [most importantly]
3. It's fun as hell
So I won't lie, the idea is not original, I got it from a special little novelty shop in Long Beach that specializes in lingerie and whatnot....

"Valentine's Day a la Van Gogh"

"Whoever said it never takes a little sacrifice?"
...and with an unreal splattering of blood, I present Van Gogh's beautiful little ear to my friend.
My little message to him is none of your business, and I'm glad to report that he loved it.
Until then, The Gomez in out.
Currently listening to:
"Real Gold Glamorous" by Leslie & The Lys



No comments:

Post a Comment